Three parks and the Leman shore at pedestrian walk from the Hotel Mon Repos

 

Mon Repos Park Geneva

At the end of  "Quai Wilson", this park with ancient trees houses the offices of the Department of green spaces.

Mon Repos park has neither refreshment nor restaurant. It is possible to have a drink or to eat not far away, at the  Perle du Lac, located Quai Wilson, or in the Pâquis district.

Park Landscape

The Mon Repos park has a series of beautiful trees sometimes centenarians, and a beautiful garden with Mediterranean plants. The Orangery erected on lake bank proposes  activities about nature organized by the association "Dragonfly".

Facing the lake stands a nineteenth century villa that now houses the Henry Dunant Institute. A small stoned pavilion built at the edge of the water, hosts the limnology institute which studies  physical and biological phenomena of lakes.
 
Park History
According to an account of the eighteenth century, the park was frequented by Casanova. Subsequently, the Mon Repos park was owned by Philippe Plantamour. This chemist and physicist made of Mon Repos  a cultural center and a reference garden for rare plants. The limnology Pavilion overlooking the lake commemorates his scientific works. At his death, the park was bequeathed to the City of Geneva.
 

 

Moynier Park

Located between the Mon Repos park and La Perle du Lac Park, the Moynier park was frequented by famous visitors.

It is possible to have a drink or to eat not far away at La Perle du Lac Park or in the cafeteria of the Institute of International Studies and Development at Barton Park. Also on the territory of the Mon Repos park is a recreation area for tourists and local residents. Their favorite place of visit is
online casino paypal atlas-conferences.com, where most people gather. The daily draws of large cash prizes make this place very popular.

Park Landscape

Between La Perle du Lac Park and Mon Repos Park, on a land formerly owned by Moynier  is an elegant mansion occupied by the International Solidarity Fund of Cities against Poverty.

History of the Park

Over the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, the house was the place of hostel Sécheron,  known for its famous guests such as Napoleon, Benjamin Constant, or Lord Byron.

In 1926, the Society of Nations purchased the villa  to raise its palace. Three years later, the Geneva authorities authorized the construction of the Palais des Nations in Ariana Park, in exchange of the usage of the Moynier park . The same year, Moynier park was open to the public .
 


La Perle du Lac Park

Located on the shore of the lake, La Perle du Lac Park is one of the richest tree-planted parks of Geneva.

Extension of Mon Repos park and park Moynier, this park is named after the wife of Rudolph Wilsdorf, founder of Rolex. Indeed, she would have exclaimed "This is the pearl of the lake" discovering the view that this idyllic place provides on the Geneva Lake.

Park Landscapet

Under the two-tier monumental fountain that adorns the top of the park, a huge richly flowered lawn slopes down to Lake Geneva (Leman). This place is called "the garden of the Pearl."

Other amenities

  • La Perle du Lac Restaurant
  • Bar at the Science Museum
  • Long chairs during summer

Villa Bartholoni

A beautiful Florentine style house overlooks the park. Built in 1829, this house was owned by François Bartholoni, founder of the Music Conservatory of Geneva. Since 1930, it houses the Museum of the History of Science. From 1901 to 1939, the villa  hosted an ethnographic museum. Today, the house is home of the Henry Dunant Institute.